Luxury Back Country Adventure
Independent Mountain Guides would like to introduce you to a luxury back country adventure.
When you experience an outdoor adventure in Queenstown, New Zealand, we take you to awe inspiring places while doing your backcountry adventure.
We are a small local company and have numerous years experience safely hosting and guiding VIP's or 'you and your family'- the invitation is out to you to venture forth into some wild country with us!
Your back country adventure has many options for you to choose - from a snow cave palace for two or a snug tent site for you and your family, or perhaps a nice warm mountain hut in an alpine setting.
We bring you there, feed you with hearty meals, guide you to some fantastic places, either via snowshoes in winter or crampons and hiking boots in summer, or simply take a walk on the wild side!
Day 1 Your adventure starts with being picked up at your accommodation and taken to a heliport of our choosing.
You are then whisked away to our secret location for a day of site seeing, the flight includes a beach landing. Once you arrive at your snow cave or tent location (setup before you arrive) there will be time for exercise. Your afternoon adventure options include a short mountain hike or a couple of hours on your snowshoes or perhaps an exhilarating snowboard or ski?
We return to your mountain location for an evening of decadence in an alpine setting! We provide you with a gourmet mountain dinner supplemented with some fine wine.
With our mobile heater you will be snug and as warm as toast in your alpine accommodation. Ahh the romance of a fine evening nestled in lofty down bags and laying relaxed on a camp stretcher in the most wildest of places, YES, perhaps in a snow cave! Daring.......Yes you are!.
Day 2 The day starts with a hearty breakfast then we take you on yet another adventure. The back-country adventure options include snow shoeing, alpine walking with crampons and ice axe or simply a hike with great views and fresh air that will more than take your breath away!
Once you have had enough exercise or simply relaxing in the alpine air its lunchtime before packing up and being picked up by helicopter. These two days and an evening in the wilds of our rugged mountains needs to be recorded so please bring your camera and we can do the rest.
Independent Mountain Guides is committed to the NZ Adventure Tourism Guidelines and have a current and independently audited safety plan. Safety is of paramount importance and therefore only the most qualified, experienced and best practised guides and hosts (NZMGA or NZOIA qualified or overseas equivalents) will look after you.
We will be in contact at all times with our heli base and remote locations will only be undertaken given a fine weather window. Our guiding experience shows that given a fine forecast anywhere and anything is possible. Wrapping up well is the key and some physical exercise keeps the blood flowing!
What we Provide
- Helicopter Access flights
- alpine hikes - crampons, harness's and ice axes
- Snow shoeing - snow snowshoes and poles
- Skiing - touring or alpine skis, boots and poles
- Accommodation facilities on chosen option including four season tents, hut fees or snow cave
- sleeping bags and liners, camp stretchers, heater, stoves
- All food and beverages
- Safety gear including avalanche transceivers, shovels and helmets
- photographic essay of your trip on request
- Assistance with clothing items is available e.g. boots (snow and hiking), a down jacket is of paramount importance in winter.
What to Bring?
- Suitable 4 season boots (if you have them)
- Good physical walking condition.
- Alpine clothing that will suit your weather period (if you have them)
- Your camera.
What to do next?
Choose your preferred options:
- Style of accommodation.....hut, tent or snow cave, you fancy...?
- What items you require assistance with,
- Select a date you would like to go, (with a day or two up your sleeve for weather contingencies),
- Confirm your food preferences, would you like wine, red or white or perhaps champers..?
- How many people there are...?
- Are you bringing children, if so what age..? Children younger than 10 years old are probably not suitable for this adventure unless they have a strong camping and hiking background.
Price is on application (POA) based on your selected choice of accommodation and adventure activities.
Bookings are essential so please contact us with your preferred options for dates, accommodation and alpine activities.
A deposit will be required to confirm your adventure. We will also e mail an application form for you to read and sign. Full payment will be expected 7 days prior to arrival