Multi Day Snow Shoeing
Multi Day Snow Shoeing Adventure with Independent Mountain Guides
Come and enjoy a multi day adventure with local guides, exploring New Zealand's incredible backcountry.
- Access via helicopter with a fantastic scenic flight and a fantastic scenic flight to a basic alpine hut in a fine meadow of snow
- 2 nights and 3 days of exploration, good fitness is required
- All equipment supplied, you just need to show up in your alpine clothing we also will supply footwear
- You will be flying in, but snowshoeing out (flying in- carry out)
- You will be accompanied by a qualified alpine backcountry guide who knows the region well
Location is based on where the best snow and weather conditions will be for the allotted time. There are several venues to choose from including:
- The Pisa Range,
- Netutral Creek (South Remarkables),
- Mt Aurum Hut (Aurum Creek) - Heli-in and Heli-out locations as a snow shoe out is considered too long
- Invincible Hut in the Richardson Mountains west of Queenstown - Heli-in and Heli-out locations as a snow shoe out is considered too long
What we Provide
- All food (including cutlery, cooking equipment and fuel)
- Snow shoes, poles, avalanche transciever, shovel and probe
- Assistance with clothing extras and boots if you are needing this option (please ask for the gear and clothing list)
- Warm sleeping bag and mat
- Ground transport free of charge
What to Bring?
- Your warm alpine clothing.
- Personal luxuries, but remember - what is easy to heli in with you have to carry out!
- Don’t forget your camera, as there will be some wonderful views to photograph.
About Your Guides
You will be accompanied by a winter backcountry expert who will make all safety calls and weather decisions.
Your Guide will be carrying a cell phone, first aid kit, shovel, and shelter tarp, plus personal gear.
Cost for the trip is $475/ person per day (3 days) with a minimum of 2 people required to enable the trip to depart.
Addtionally is the helicopter flight, rates varies as fuel prices come and go and also where we choose to fly to for the optimum snow conditions.
- The helicopter can take a maximum of 5 people plus gear including the guide.
- Tent camps are also possible and we have a couple of generous sized four season tents to use if this option is taken with a heater of course.
- The further the helicopter flys the more that it will cost.
- Some of the locations are remote so please ask for clarification of location and price when you apply.
- It is also possible to fly in and out if that is your choice
To reserve your trip bookings must be made in advance, with a deposit of $500. Please have a day up your sleeve for weather contingencies. Contact us to make a booking (choose your own dates) and all further information